The schedule for our 2 team leaders, 2 dismounted horses and their police escort are determined by our team leaders in concert with the police department and their priorities. They are not determined by us exclusively nor centrally without working in tandem with that police department to strengthen the needs of that particular town/city. The schedule of activities for each of the 3 days we visit are often not the same. The following schedule is purely a sample schedule:
- 8:30am – Start of Day- Meet at nursing home – Meet half of residents in outdoor covered front lobby. Meet second half by walking the horse around building and going up to each residents rooms window.
- 9:45am – Meet at State Veterans Home. Meet half of residents in outdoor area, meet second half by going up to resident’s window.
- 11:30am – Meet with regional hospital staff and select patients.
- 1:00pm – Drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic. Meet and walk around the park with the clientele of theses clinics.
- 2:15pm – Walk in disadvantaged neighborhoods.
- 3:30pm – Visit with cancer patients and survivors in a meeting setup by the American Cancer Society.
- 5:00pm – Horses Over America Community Meetup. Typically conducted at the police department (the support the police department), our horses will be available to meet with all residents as promoted on the town and city’s Facebook pages. Because children are in school we have waited until 5pm to invite every child in the town to join us.